sábado, 22 de janeiro de 2011

Friday Night Out

I'm going to try to write something different here, I'm going to try not to make this blog about food, since my two last posts were about that, making me sound ... not the way I wanted to sound. The problem though, as being a blogger, and having my parents reading my posts, the subjects that I want to write need a slightly change. So for my own sake, because even though I live in another country, I can still listen to my parents lecturing me thanks to the internet, so I'm going to change a few words on this post.

 Girls need desperately a "girls night out". Guys, don't really tend to understand why... But the main reason is, we need to get away from the male specie, and interact with our own... And we need to say bad things about the male specie. I mean, c'mon you're far from perfect, and we know you guys also say bad things about us. So, yes, we have girls night out. Dancing all night, having simple, and pure, fun. I need it so badly sometimes that I don't think my friends even now how much I love them for taking me out. Yesterday, was one of those days. I woke up with a strange feeling of depression.
 Unfortunately, when you are a female and as soon as you hit puberty, the mood swings are very, very common. That doesn't mean that I like to have them, and even though I should be used to them by now, well I am not. I hate mood swings. I hate waking up and taking that day as a bad day no matter what happens. The sun might be shining, the birds might be singing, and I am in my room with the curtains closed watching Titanic. 
  Not yesterday, I was not going to let this haze of depression fall on my shoulders. So, I went shopping with one of my friends, because that's one way to cure depression for me, and I went shopping for make up, which its like stepping into heaven if you will. I was also trying to ignore that dark cloud of depression because it was Friday Night.
  Friday Night, means, in good girlish english, going out with your friends. I was really excited, it has been a long time since I haven't gone out with my friends since before Christmas. Obviously, I could not wait any longer.
  As soon as I went down to my friend's room to get ready, I felt so happy. We put our make up on, we got ready, and we hit the road.
  Even though we always dance to the same songs, I don't think this night never gets old. It became, at least for me, like my personal therapist. I love dancing, not that professional type of dance, but just dancing to the beat and the lights. And it's always fun to see those crazy fellas dancing like robots on "funny pills". After a couple of glasses of "orange juice" I was having the time of my life. I needed it so badly.

 When you start this journey of moving to another place, sometimes you can't help but miss everyone you had back home. And when my "depression" hits it's always because I'm missing my family. I do thank every day for the internet, it makes things so much easier. Even though skype is a headache and keeps crashing down in the middle of conversations, I still love it because at least I can still see my mother, even if it's for a few seconds.
 Things are easier now, then when it was back in September when I first moved, but still sometimes you can still feel that pang of regret of leaving your family behind. Even if its for pursuing your dream and they are 100% behind your decision. I'm ok today. I am ok with the decision I made. But yesterday ... humph.
But hey, Friday Night saved me!

"That's what you get when you let your heart win" - so true.

 It's all for today. See you in the next bloggity.

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário