sexta-feira, 28 de janeiro de 2011

 First of all, YES, this is a new layout! Yes I know, I finally managed to be a nerd and actually create something on this blog that made it look at least a little more interesting. So yes, thanks to me - and not Google, not at all, pfffft, please... ok it was Google - this blog, ladies and gentleman,  is now "cool".

 Second of all, lets now talk about something more interesting like "Why the hell aren't I rich?" Yes. That's the question that I asked myself today at least 20 times, when I decided to walk around town in a suicidal trip to the local stores. I call this suicidal for two simple reasons. I don't have money to actually buy what I want, and I ALWAYS wish I was thinner. Yet, I still walk around town just for the sake of it, and I go to the same stores.

 A store that always kills me is, of course, Topshop. I love it, but I simply can't afford one simple piece of clothing from that store. And yet, I stood there for, at least, 20 minutes. I love so many things from that store, that if I actually was rich I would pull a Michael Jackson. You know, "Close the store, its all mine" like he used to do. I always wondered what its like to be that powerful, but honesty, I think this way is better. Yes, I said better, because in the end, if you actually think about it, you value the clothes you have, or the new clothes you just bought, a lot more.
   I used to see those shows with rich people, like cribs, and at least 80% of those celebrities had clothes that they never wore, and they were standing there, in the closet showing it to the world, smiling. I always had to turn the channel at some point, because that really annoyed me. So yes, when I actually have something from Topshop, a sweater for example, I think I'm going to wear it for years. Mark my words!
 I don't really consider myself vain or anything like that. I know my limits, I know there's more important things than clothes. But like my friend Beth says (see Beth you're in the bloooog!!!) I'm a person who likes to take care of herself.

  Me: How come?
Beth: You know, you wear make up and shit.

 And yes, I like to take care of myself. That's why, when I was coming back home my mind (here we go again) started wondering, what would I actually do to support myself when I leave the University. And no I'm not repeating myself again, bear with me please, but I thought about possibilities. We all know that in Sex and the City, Carrie simply wrote a column and yet she had money to own her own apartment, and her Manolo's. In real life, things are not that simple, well, except if you write for The Guardian or Times Magazine, then yes, I believe you can own your own apartment and the occasional Jimmy Choo's. But not when you work for the local paper, IF, I ever manage to actually write for a paper or a magazine.
 As much as I wished I could write for Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Cosmo, Teen Vogue, Elle, I don't really see that happening. But then again I could write a best seller.  You know, since Snooki from Jersey Shore did it, why not me?
 But I don't see that happening in the near future. I do have plans. And I only shared them, with one of the most important people in my life. My Mom. The problem is, my Mom is the most amazing person in the world, part of that amazingness, is her sense of humor, somehow she's always joking. So you never really know, when she's being serious, or making fun of you because you fail at life. Sometimes it's one, sometimes the other, but when it's me, it's usually both. So, the conversation went something like this.

   Me: - Tells plans of her life -
Mom: *tries not to laugh* Huuum.
  Me: Mom? What do you think?
Mom: Hummm *tries not to speak otherwise is just going to laugh a lot*
  Me: Mom?
Mom: *laughs hysterically*
  Me: I'm serious!!!
Mom: Oh! Hum... Well, you'll be fine...

 Of course, easy for her to say, but not exactly easy in the end is it? Anyway, I'm still hopeful! And even if it's going to take a while, because I know it will, I hope in the end I can make it. I managed to do everything else didn't I?
 And when I was almost arriving home, I noticed that I got lost in my thoughts again, and my mp4 was not playing any music. So I pressed "Play" and the music "Lucky Man" started playing. And I believe, I am indeed a Lucky Woman. 

 So the question is.
 "To be rich? Or not to be rich and be happy?" But then again many people agree that "Money brings happiness." But that's another post, me thinks! Have a nice weekend!

4 comentários:

Ser em Essência disse...

“Not what we have but what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance.” Epicurus

Love it :)

Lifestyle of the Young and Confused. disse...

I couldn't say anything better than that. Thank you once again :D

Margarida disse...

Hello Marie Curie!

You know, I kinda hate this blogspot and that's not your fault, but it's my pc's fault because this is the second commentary that I do to you today! Yes, when I finished to write the other one this shit deleted everything, and, once again, I had my Homer J. moment: DOH!!
Anyway, i didn't write anything interesting on the other post, in fact, at the end i was asking you to forgive me for writing such boring things!
On this post, it is obvious how looked like we are! You know, i would like to have that column on the times that everyone fears about, but I don't if it's possible. Maybe it is because i don't know french and pass it, wohoo!! This is my newest skill!! Anyway, i want to tell you that ONE DAY WE'LL HAVE MONEY ENOUGH TO BUY AT LEAST A SINGLE PAIR OF JIMMY CHOO'S!! We have too, it is our new goal at life and at our friendship haha
Well, this commentary is also a shit and I bet that it is full of mistakes but whatever, i'm portuguese not english or french, so the important is you understanding what i'm saying. And i could write this things in portuguese but then your new friends wouldn't understand what i'm saying! Yes, i have hope that they want to laugh a little bit and came to read this! -.-

I miss you so fucking much!!
I LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!

Your, Maga!!

(p.s. thanks, you came to facebook to talk to meeeee :DDDDD)

Lifestyle of the Young and Confused. disse...

Thank you so much Magaloo, and you know what? I do believe ONE DAY we'll have our own pair of Jimmy's! YOU'LL SEE. Or my name is not Mary Jo!! And yes we do think alike hahaha and we have the same fears :S But then again, I believe that deep down we're not the only ones!

I miss you a lot too my love! It's just a few more days! You'll seeeeee!!

LOVE YOU <3

Enviar um comentário